Change is in store for Age of Empires: Castle Siege. Starting today, all versions of the game will be getting a live update that will lower the damage and range of several buildings and weapons. These changes will be implemented in the background and no app update will be needed. Here are the full notes:
- Lowering the damage falloff from the area damage of the level 1-4 Catapult Emplacement, this will lower the damage in these levels, further out from the center of the attack.
- Lowering the number of bursts of Crossbow bolts from the Crossbow Tower level 1-4. Damage will be lower.
- Lowering the area damage radius of the Ballista Tower in levels 1-4. The tower will kill fewer troops at once per shot. Also lowered overall damage in these levels.
- Lowering the damage of the Fire tower in levels 1-2.
- Lowering the damage of the level 1-2 Trebuchet Emplacement.
- Lowering the health of the Keep in Ages 1-4.
The aim of these changes appears to be to make it easier for players in lower levels/Ages to win more battles when attacking other players. Those players in Ages 5 to 9, the current maximum level, shouldn’t experience any changes at all.
A bigger change happening to Age of Empires: Castle Siege in the near future will be the addition of Age 10 to the game. Many players have already reached Age 9 and have become frustrated with the lack of progression at the current maximum level. The inclusion of at least one more Age to level up to should please many.
Age of Empires: Castle Siege is available on Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, and iOS devices. All versions support Microsoft’s Xbox Live service which allow for crossplay between different devices, cloud saves, and Xbox Achievements even when played on an Apple iPhone or iPad. Do you play Castle Siege? Which Age are you up to? Let us know in the comments below.