Affinity Designer, a professional graphic design program, has been a popular alternative for Adobe’s Photoshop since its macOS launch a year ago. But after winning an Apple Design Award in last year, the European company launched in June a free beta version of Affinity Designer for Windows and the final release was announced in a new blog post published yesterday.
According to the company, Affinity Designer for Windows "matches the Mac version feature-for-feature" and here are the main highlights:
- A complete vector and pixel editing toolset
- 10 million+ percent zoom
- Non-destructive effects and adjustment layers
- RGB, CMYK, LAB, Pantone and ICC colour management
- Advanced typography, including text styles and text-on-a-path
- Effortless PSD, SVG, EPS, PNG and PDF/X handling
- Unlimited artboards with device pre-sets
- Super smooth gradients and colour control
- Standard and retina resolution pixel preview
- Unlimited and saveable undo history
- Incredibly powerful export capabilities
- Symbols, including multiple versions and nested symbols
- Constraints for pseudo-responsive design
- Grids, guides and advanced snapping including pixel alignment
- Fully customisable shortcuts.
For a limited time, the app is available to purchase with a 20% discount ($39.99 instead of $49.99) and you’ll also get a free Grade UI kit including more than 1,000 elements along your purchase. You can learn more about the app by checking the developer's website.