Adobe offers a workaround for running Photoshop Elements 15 on Windows 10 S
Since its release with the Surface Laptop, Windows 10 S has had a lot of criticism for its absence of third-party applications. With a focus on being built for students, the Windows 10 S actually requires apps to be directly acquired from the Windows 10 Store, but some Store apps like Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 have still had issues.
Attempting to open the app on a Windows 10 S PC would result in a crash, making the app completely useless. Microsoft and Adobe had made some sort of attempt at avoiding issues by putting a disclaimer on the store page, saying that both of them are working together to resolve the issue.
For now, however, Adobe is pulling through on their end with a workaround that will get Photoshop Elements 15 working with no problem (via Thurrott.com).
- Navigate to the ProgramData folder in your installation directory. For example, if your installation directory is C then navigate to C:\ProgramData.
- Create a new folder and name it Adobe.
- Create a new folder inside Adobe and name it Elements Organizer.
- Create a new folder inside Elements Organizer and name it 15.0The folder structure should be C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\15.0
- Launch Photoshop Elements 15.
It’s worth noting that if you can’t find the location, then you might need to show hidden files and folders. Otherwise, the workaround seems to be, well, working. Now we can all go back to making memes and memories on our Windows 10 S with no problem. Have fun!