Microsoft just released Windows 10 Insider build 15002, and it's a doozy! In case you're a little overwhelmed by all the changes included in the new build (as we are!), here's a quick list of what's new and improved. We'll have more on the changes coming right up, but here's an overview:
The new build makes it easier to keep track of your tabs, and a lot more! Here's what's improved:
- Tab Preview bar - a new preview bar shows what's on your tabs
- Set these tabs aside - clear your slate and start over when you've simply got too many tabs open
- Jump List for Microsoft Edge - Edge gets it's own Jump List
- Component UI - a new UWP architecture allows for a faster UI
- Flash Click-to-Run - Flash is now blocked by default
- Web Payments - Microsoft Wallet makes a preview appearance in Edge
Start and Shell
- Tile folders in Start - just like Windows 10 Mobile!
- Windows Share experience updated - a cleaner look for share
- OneNote 2016's Screen Capture is now built in to Windows 10!
- High DPI support is improved
- Window resizing has been smoothed out
- Desktop Icon placement, scaling is improved
- VPN access is improved
- Sign in dialog for apps is improved
- Chinese Lunar calendar support comes to the taskbar
- Better notification experience for app developers
- Pen, pencil, highlighter controls show what color is selected
- Point erase added to SketchPad and Screen Sketch - erase only pieces of your mistakes!
- Better with Cortana app will find all your Cortana enababled app commands
- More recurrence options for Reminders
- Keyboard shortcut for Cortana is changing to WIN + C
- Better accessibility out-of-the-box (OOBE)
- Narrator support for WinPE and WinRE
- Braille support!
- Windows Narrator keyboard shortcut is now CTRL + WIN + Enter
- Narrator gets Scan mode improvements
- UWP apps get improved legibility in high contrast
- New options to run quick, advanced, or full scans.
- Device performance and health scans give you a report on your PC’s health.
- Family options has visual improvements and links you to great content/applications on the web to set up a family or view device information.
- Settings pages to change configuration on the app or learn more about it
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Settings pages now contain links to support, feedback, and related settings
- App settings have moved out of System to their own category: Apps
- The Settings header now pins as you pan
- Bluetooth settings are now combined with Connected devices
- New display settings options
- Blue light emissions setting has arrived!
- Surface Dial gets per-app settings
- Windows Personalization adds "Recent Colors"
- Windows Theme management has moved from Control Panel to Settings!
- Cross device experiences gets its own Settings page
- Metered connection setting added to Ethernet connections
- new volume control experience
- Touchpad Settings page improvements
A Green Screen of Death!
Hyper-V Manager has a new page, making management easier and faster
Update Experience improved
- Pause updates for up to 35 days
- include or opt out of driver updates
- New Update Icon!
IME (Input Method Editor) Improvements
- Improved access to Pinyin IME settings
- New Settings page
- new Hotkeys
- Roaming self-learned phrases
- Emoji panel redesigned
- U-mode and V-mode complex input
- Name input mode
- Double pinyin scheme support
- Japanese IME shows current mode
- composition string length set to 3
- English words show more frequently
Windows Insider Program website improved
Woah, that's a lot of changes for one build! Check out our other coverage of Windows 10 Insider build 15002 for all the latest!