Xbox has announced that it is introducing a new Xbox Mastercard, issued by Barclays. The card will allow members to rack up card points which can be used to earn Xbox related rewards by using the card and making purchases as in the following examples according to Xbox Wire.
- Xbox & Microsoft – Earn 5x card points on eligible products at the Microsoft Store.
- Streaming Services – Earn 3x card points on eligible streaming services like Netflix® and Disney+®.
- Dining Delivery Services – Earn 3x card points on eligible dining delivery services like Grubhub® and DoorDash®.
- Everyday purchases – Earn 1x card points on all other everyday purchases.
As stated in the Xbox Wire post, the following benefits will be available for Xbox Mastercard cardholders.
- A bonus of 5,000 card points (a $50 value) after their first purchase.
- Three months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for new Game Pass members after their first purchase. If they’re already a Game Pass member, they can easily gift it to a friend to play together.
- Choice of one of five iconic designs for their card, with the option of personalizing it with their gamertag.
Flexibility of use with contactless payments and digital wallets.
- Free online access to cardmembers’ FICO Credit Score, which allows users to keep an eye on their credit score and receive alerts when their score has changed.
- $0 Fraud Liability protection, so cardmembers are not responsible for charges they didn’t authorize.
Introducing the new Xbox Mastercard, in partnership with @BarclaysBankUS. Cardmembers can earn card points from everyday purchases and redeem them for games and addons.
More info here: https://t.co/Ng8TbEMPHM
— Xbox (@Xbox) September 11, 2023
The Xbox Mastercard will be available for Xbox Insider Program members in the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii starting on September 21. To learn more about the program see here for the FAQ page. For the Xbox Mastercard terms and conditions, see here.
Featured image via Xbox Wire.