Microsoft's Xbox Live Gold membership comes with its own set of benefits. If you're a gold member, Microsoft offers a handful of games at attractive discounts every month as a part of Games with Gold promotion. At times, there are some decent gaming titles available at reduced prices for Xbox One and the Xbox 360.
According to a new report from Polygon, a total discount of worth $946.53 to be exact was offered to a customer who had both consoles, the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. If you count each version of the game (both Xbox 360 and Xbox One), the company has offered 47 games on both consoles this year, which is quite impressive especially if you're a hardcore gamer and love to test out new titles as they are released. This in return for the Xbox Live membership which costs $59.99 a year, or $4.99 a month, so it's a pretty profitable deal if you ask me.
The report also highlighted some of the games which received the highest discounts and vice versa, such as the Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Bioshock and several more. Here's the list of some of the averages, including the rating as per Metacritic, highest priced games on both platforms, and more:
- Xbox 360: 78.5 Metacritic average, $21.60 per title.
- Xbox One: 72.77 Metacritic, $18.08.
- Highest rated Xbox 360 game: BioShock Infinite (93)
- Highest rated Xbox One game: Rayman Legends (91)
- Highest price Xbox 360 game: F1 2013 ($39.99)
- Highest price Xbox One games: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and Thief ($29.99)
- Lowest rated Xbox 360 game: Sacred 3 (51)
- Lowest rated Xbox One game: Pool Nation FX (30)
- Lowest price Xbox 360 game: CastleStorm and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising($9.99)
- Lowest price Xbox One game: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising ($9.99)
Just head over to Polygon to read the complete report on the monthly breakdown of games offered as well as the discounts available every month -- which totalled to over $900 in games. So, if you're a regular gamer and want to try out new games, Xbox Live Gold Membership is worth the money.