Clipchamp is a video editing tool that everyone can use to create videos for work, social media, and more. Microsoft acquired the platform sometime last year, which is now available for free for Windows 10 and Windows 11 users. Initially, the app was supposed to be integrated into Office 365, but that changed. Clipchamp will now come pre-loaded on all Windows 11 devices as an inbox app.
It is perfect for creating videos from scratch. You can produce longer-form content like tutorials or sales presentations, or edit your raw footage into a shorter, punchier piece for YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter. It also comes with its fair share of pros and cons.
You can access the application for free through the basic account, which features unlimited exports coupled up with 480p exports (SD). However, they also have other packages that you can subscribe to which will require you to make monthly or annual payments, that is, the Creator, Business, and the Business Platinum accounts. The price range for these plans is from $9 to $39 per month depending on the one you sign up for.
The paid plans come with more features compared to the basic package, such as better export quality, unlimited audio stock, unlimited cloud storage, and unlimited image stock among others.
How to create a video on Clipchamp
After signing up on the app, you can proceed to create a video on the platform. Here's how to go about it:
- Click on the Create your first personal video button to initiate the process.
- You will then be required to select a template, which will depend on your preference and the kind of video you want to create because there are a number of categories to choose from.
- From this point, there are a variety of options that you can choose from depending on the direction you want your video to take from creating a text to speech file to screen recording.
How to import video files to Clipchamp
- Click on the add sign on the left pane.
- A couple of options will then appear from which you can import the video file you want to edit.
Tip: You can alternatively drag and drop the video file you want to edit on the app. Click on Browse files and browse through the video files, then select the videos you want to edit.
How to add videos to your timeline
After importing files to Clipchamp, you will need to select the one you want to create and edit out. Select the video file, then drag and drop it on your timeline on the bottom left pane. Moreover, users have the ability to zoom in and out of the clips, which essentially allows you to get a closer look.
How to add a Transition when merging Videos
When creating videos, there may come a time when you need to merge a few clips, this is where transitions come in. Transitions help blend the clips together to create a seamless output. Here's how to include transitions to your video:
- Go to the main menu and select Filters & Transitions.
- Then, select a point where you want to add the transition to smoothen things out.
- Drag and drop the transition at this point, then preview the video in the preview window.
- You can then hit Export on the top-right corner.
Once the exporting process is complete, you have a variety of options on where to save and share your videos. Users have the freedom to even upload these videos directly to their social media accounts from the platform.
Wrapping it up
Working with Clipchamp is a cinch. It's easy to get started with this editing and creation resource, and it's even easier to use. While it comes with its fair share of limitations that you'll want to be aware of, Clipchamp is an excellent service for creators looking to improve on their craft.