Welcome to another episode of the WinBeta Podcast. Each week we discuss the top Microsoft related news. This week we have a HoloLens demonstration with Sean Ong, talk about the potential Surface Phone and Windows 10 hitting 300 million devices. If you want to support Sean Ong so he can have cool things like the HoloLens you can check out his gofundme.
You can join in on every single broadcast. We have the comments directly on the side of the screen so you can see how much fun we have during our live show. To watch us live, just go to our live page at 8PM GMT or go to our YouTube channel.
If you can’t join us live you can watch the rebroadcasted video or audio later on. The podcast audio is on iTunes, the Windows podcast app, TuneIn, and other podcast apps and the video is on YouTube. Whether you’re looking for good discussion and insight on Windows news, or just a good time with some guys who love tech, you’ll enjoy the podcast.
During the full episodes of the show we discuss the Windows news of the week and then after each week’s episode recording, we have a general discussion and Q&A with our viewers. If you can’t join us live, you can share your thoughts in the comments, and vote in our weekly polls. You can also tweet us at @ZacB_ and @Sean_Michael_UK.
Timestamps and stories we covered this week:
- 1:20 Windows 10 hits 300 million active devices
- 6:15 Get Windows 10 app going away after July 29th
- 14:55 Future of Surface Phone in jeopardy?
- 24:16 Windows 10 Pro can't block Windows 10 Store anymore
- 28:06 Chrome passes Internet Explorer/Edge in market share
- 31:00 Sean tries using an iPhone
- 36:20 Poll: How can Microsoft improve Bing?
- 40:26 HoloLens demo with Sean Ong