Halo Infinite Season 3: Echoes Within goes live today (March 7). The new season brings new content to the game in the form of new maps, modes, weapons and more. There is also new story content, pickup up from the previous season, “Lone Wolves.” The new seasonal story continues following Spartan Dinh, though the team has not divulged much more than that.
Not only that, but 343 Industries Head of Live Performance Sean Baron has indicated that players can expect better seasonal consistency starting in Halo Infinite Season 3.
I feel very confident with where we’ve gone with Season 3, and I have very strong confidence that we’re going to be able to keep improving that consistency, and avoid, completely, the long seasons of the past. We’re going to be more consistent. We’re going to continue to evolve the game in close partnership with our players. We’re focused on shipping Season 3 and then, as Chief said, we’re ‘[r]eady to get back to work.
Words that are most encouraging to Halo Infinite fans, to be sure. What can they expect from Halo Infinite Season 3? See below.
Three new maps are available out of the gate in Halo Infinite Season 3. They are:
- Chasm (Arena)—“Chasm is a unique map, its much smaller than any of our other current maps so combat will be more frenetic.”
- Cliffhanger (Arena)—“Cliffhanger is an arena map. It’s asymmetrical, with a cross-map man cannon. It’s got a great Halo: Reach vibe.”
- Oasis (Big Team Battle)—It’s asymmetrical. It has great lanes for vehicle combat, but those lanes don’t leave you at a huge disadvantage as a player on foot. The vehicle combat on this map should be pretty compelling.”
New mode: Escalation Slayer
“This is Halo Infinite’s version of a gun game mode. In the Arena variant the starting weapon is the SPNKR and the ending weapon is the Oddball, the skull. Those are two really iconic Halo bookend weapons. In Arena, you’ll work your way through 11 total levels of weapons, and the team with the player who gets the kill with the Oddball wins.”
- M392 Bandit Rifle—“The goal with the Bandit is to add a new utility weapon—something that you can spawn with and be effective in most combat situations. It’s a precision semi-automatic kinetic weapon. A five-shot kill. It really rewards skilled players who can pace their shots and stay on target.”
- Shroud Screen—“What is the UNSC’s futuristic version of a smokescreen? It’s the shroud screen. It doesn’t protect anybody inside the screen, other than obfuscating that you’re in it or what’s behind it. If someone drops a Shroud Screen, I can throw grenades into it, I can shoot into it. If I was in the Scorpion tank, I could shoot into it and people inside would probably die.”
With the new season comes a new 100-level Battle Pass, which will offer some immediate unlocks. And you can bet there will be a few surprises in store throughout Halo Infinite Season 3, with the team working to make the Halo Infinite experience better and better.
Featured image via Xbox Wire.