Microsoft has announced the Mojio Windows Phone Developer App Contest, in partnership with Mojio. Five winners will be selected from five categories, with a chance to win $1000 in Visa gift cards, as well as have their app promoted by Mojio.
"We are excited to announce that Mojio, a Windows Dev Center Partner and creator of the open platform for connecting cars, is launching the Mojio Windows Phone Developer App Contest. Microsoft and Mojio will co-judge the contest and select the finalists and grand prize winners, who will receive $1000 Visa gift cards and have their Windows Phone apps highlighted by Mojio. Contest entries can be submitted January 12 – February 12, 2015," Microsoft stated in an official blog post. These are the following five categories that will be judged:
- Green app: Focuses on reducing drivers’ carbon footprints.
- Fleet app: Focuses on managing a fleet of more than one vehicle more effectively.
- Business app: Focuses on helping a business manage its resources (i.e., people, time, money) more effectively.
- Gamification app: Focuses on gamifying driving in a safe manner.
- Wildcard app: An app which has a primary function that does not fit in any of the above categories.
The top ten submissions will present their app to the judging panel, who will select a winner from each of the above listed categories. Head over to the VIA link to read more about the app contest. Good luck!