Personalize your Xbox One with your own custom wallpaper (Xbox Preview Program)
One of the most requested features for the Xbox One dashboard has been increased customizability. Lately, Microsoft has made great progress in that regard, announcing the ability to choose a custom color or achievement art for your background.
Today, if you are in the Xbox Preview Program, you get the ultimate customization: the ability to make your own custom Xbox One backgrounds. Major Nelson explains how:
- Connect a USB to console / Connect a source through DLNA
- Launch Media Player (either directly or through Settings>My Xbox > My background > Custom image)
- Navigate to source of your choosing (USB/DLNA)
- Navigate to folder/file of your choosing
- Select the jpg/png image – see it full screen.
- Once you are viewing the image full screen, hit the menu button.
- Select “Set as background”
- You will be sent back to the full screen view of the image. Hit nexus, see the image on Home.
Since this isn’t a simple, blank rectangle like your desktop, there will be parts of your picture blocked by tiles and content. To help you get an idea of what works well, Microsoft has provided a template Photoshop file to get you started on designing your own background (download the PSD here).
If you are in the Preview Program, or just excited in anticipation, and have made your own wallpaper, be sure to share it below with the rest of the community in the comments, so that everyone can customize their Xbox One interface (no nudity please!).Microsoft, Xbox One