Xbox Video for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone receives new update, adds minor tweaks and bug fixes
Microsoft has rolled out an update to the Xbox Video app for Windows 8.1. If you are a regular user of this app, head over to the Windows Store to snag this update, which offers several new improvements and fixes.
“Xbox Video brings the latest movies and TV shows to your Windows Phone 8.1 and makes it easy to watch what you love wherever you are. Rent and buy new blockbuster movies and favorite classics, or catch up on last night’s episodes of the hottest TV shows, and watch them on your Windows Phone, PC, tablet, Xbox One, Xbox 360, or at XboxVideo.com,” the app description reads.
In this update, which bumps the version number to 2.6.256.0, Microsoft has addressed the following issues:
- Episode details pages now give you more context about the episode’s series title as well as its episode number.
- Clearer messaging has been added to the download manager when copying content to another drive.
- Aspect ratios for images have been fixed.
- Fixed some bugs where the app would unexpectedly exit.
- Other minor bug fixes.
The app was also updated for Windows Phone devices, bumping the version number to 1.6.258.0 on Windows Phone 8 and 2.6.258.0 on Windows Phone 8.1. The update adds the following new improvements:
- Personal video list sorting now persists across app launches
- The full screen button no longer causes the app to show a white, blank screen for some videos
- Polish fixes and general improvements
Head over to the Windows Store and Windows Phone Store to snag both app updates.Further reading: Windows 8.1, Xbox Video