Xbox One’s Preview Beta 1806 begins testing new narrator languages
The new Preview Beta 1806 update for Xbox Insiders in the Xbox One Preview Beta Ring has now begun to rollout.
Numbered, 1806.180531-1920, this update adds more language options for the narrator feature, fixes a bug with the new Games & Apps categories feature, and improves Group navigation within the guide. Here’s the full release notes.
New Features: Additional Accessibility Options – New Narrator languages
- Users can now enable the new Narrator languages: Spanish (es-MX, es-AR, es-CO, es-CL), English (en-AU), Portuguese (pt-BR), Polish (pl), Swedish (sv-SE), and Dutch (nl-NL, nl-NB).
- My Games & Apps: Fixed an issue where users were seeing multiple Games & Apps categories appearing in their category lists.
- Groups: Fixed an issue where users would have issues navigating Groups within the Guide.
- Localization: Various localization issues fixed in this build.
- Search: Pressing Y button anywhere in the dashboard now will bring up search as designed.
- Settings: Fixed an issue in which the console would turn back on after a full shutdown.
- System Performance: Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
- Groups: Enabling Groups after taking the update: Groups may not appear for you on first sign in unless you do a full console reboot after taking the system update. This is being fixed in an upcoming build and should only affect having just taken this system update.
- The Groups tab in My games & apps may not show after sign in even though you can access Groups in Guide, or you may see “This group does not exist” on Home on first sign-in for your existing Groups. Workaround: Sign in / out to refresh these pages.
- Some changes might not be reflected when editing Groups between multiple consoles after coming out of connected standby. Sign in/out to fix.
- Adding the Rewards app to Groups causes you to be unable to access your Groups. This is fixed for an upcoming build.
- Using special characters in Group names (e.g. &,”) causes issues during Group creation or using the “Add more” flow. Note: emojis are fine. This is being fixed in an upcoming build.
- You may see issues with Groups if you frequently switch between your non-Preview console and your Preview console. Workaround: Reset your Groups locally on the Preview console through “My games & apps” > Groups, then using the “Reset groups” button at the bottom of the page to resync from the service.
- Profile Color: Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Networking: Work continues on the stability of the Wi-Fi connectivity. If you see any issues please report the problem for investigation by performing a Full system software via the dashboard as opposed to just pressing the Xbox Power button.
- YouTube: Some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app. Workaround: Uninstall/re-install the app and sign in with your account again.
Xbox Insiders are regular Xbox One console owners who volunteer to help test operating system builds for Microsoft. Are you an Insider and have you tries this build yet? Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox content.Further reading: Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox Insiders, Xbox One