The official Plex app for Xbox One consoles has updated with a variety of fixes and changes. In addition to improving several of the language translations, the app has also gained support for more codecs and several bugs from the previous version have been squashed. Here's the official changelog.
- Updated translations
- Added direct play support for wmv2/vc1/wmav2 codecs in wmv containers
- Fixed the titles for recently added TV shows
- Fixed the player sometimes not being able to play watch later/recommended videos
- Fixed bug that could cause app to fail to load
- Fixed cases where playback would error or fallback to a transcode near the end of a video
- Fixed some issues around player buffering indefinitely on start or while seeking
Plex is primarily a media streaming app but it can also function as a DVR service for recording television broadcasts. Do you use Plex on your Xbox One? Let us know how you use it in the comments below.