While there remains no official Spotify app on Microsoft’s Xbox One console, a new third-party solution launched this week called, Spoticast.
The Spoticast app is a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app and also functions on Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows Holographic devices. With the app installed, users can login with their Spotify account and, while Spoticast doesn’t access Spotify’s library of music directly, it does pull up an account’s playlist and will play music from it via music videos found on YouTube. It’s a bit of a roundabout way to listen to a Spotify playlist but it works for the most part and doesn’t require a Premium Spotify Account to function.
Here’s the official app description: Spoticast is your Spotify universe with videos. Download the app and get the full features for 1 day for FREE ! Play videos from the artists you follow and love, movie clips, live, covers etc. Access to your Spotify playlists and the Soptify catalog to play the best songs and even better, cast them to a device to share a great time with your friends. If you like music, you'll love Spoticast.
7 reasons to download Spoticast:
- A Spotify client Universal app (Desktop-Tablet-Smartphone)
- No need Premium Spotify account
- Cast on TV : Chromecast, DLNA, AirPlay (AppleTV), Miracast, Smart TV, Internet Box, etc.
- Create and manage your Spotify playlists
- Customize the Search Filter (live, acoustic, remix, covers ...)
- 360° videos handled with our application "Video 360"
- No subscription : buy it once and enjoy it forever on all your devices!
There are several official music apps on the Xbox One console such as Pandora and Microsoft’s own Groove Music but there has been no news on an official Spotify app coming to the platform. Are you a Spotify user who has been searching for a way to listen to their tracks on the Xbox One? Let us know about your experience in the comments below.