If you’re an Xbox Insider enrolled in the Omega ring, it is finally time for you to head to your Xbox settings and check for an update. Indeed, after some testing in all the other Insider rings, Microsoft is now rolling out the Xbox One Spring update to Omega ring Insiders (the lowest “ring” in the program.) This ultimately means the Xbox One Spring update is now available for all Xbox Insiders, and it should roll out to non-Insiders very soon.
For Omega ring insiders, new with this update is support for 1440p video output, helping fill the gap between Full HD and 4K displays. Also new are several enhancements for Mixer, including share controller, and the ability to start Mixer broadcasts from anywhere on Xbox One. Other new features include a much more capable Microsoft Edge browser, filtering tools for Club owners, and the ability to share screen captures and content from Xbox to Twitter.
Microsoft fixed an issue in this build where some users would experience the failure notification and tracking of achievements in real-time. There are also several known issues which should be taken note of, which we’re including below:
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- Some users may experience a problem with a controller vibrating non-stop when using the share controller or the co-pilot feature.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Some users are reporting when quitting a game or app via the guide Home is not loading and you see a black screen.
- Hulu app volume is lower and being investigated
Though these are the documented new features, Microsoft says they’re adding “experiments” in the Spring update, which are only enabled for a portion of Xbox Insider audience. Some users might notice a new experience for Xbox Live Gold, with a dedicated tab to view and access all your redeemed Games with Gold titles. Happy downloading, and be sure to keep your feedback coming to Microsoft so they can improve the Xbox experience for all.Further reading: Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox Insider, Xbox Spring Update