Microsoft yesterday released a new Xbox One Preview Update all Preview Rings in the Xbox Insider program. The update comes with plenty of bug fixes for many core experiences and should perfect the Xbox experience ahead of the upcoming April release of the Xbox One Spring Update. Here's a look at the fixes.
- Predictive text is now working when using the Official chat pad or a USB keyboard.
- We have resolved the issue Guide staying on the screen or being blank when exiting a game or app.
- Fixes for when quitting a game or app via the guide you will no longer see a black screen.
- Fixed an issue in with system updates were not being automatically applied when the console was idle overnight and not in user.
- Fixed issues with localization when configuring the Elite controller.
- Fixed an issue when a user who needs copilot tried to use “share controller” on Mixer the feature would not function for them.
- Netflix has released an app update to ensure that 1440p mode works on a monitor.
- We fixed the issue with party chat failing when Guide is dismissed.
- Fixed an issue in with some users were being logged out instantly after logging in.
- Fixed issues in with Users could not download temporarily Free To Play games from the My Games and Apps (Ready to install – RTI) and Gold sections without having ever seen the ESRB rating and description of the app/game.
- Fixed issues in which a user would try to launch the Store via the App such as the Dolby digital app (to purchase a license or content) and the store would not load.
- Fixed a new issue in with system stability that could result in Home/apps or games crashing when running multiple apps/games.
- Fixed issues with Wi-Fi in which some users would turn the console on and not connecting or seeing your Wi-Fi network.
There are still some known issues with this latest release, including an ongoing problem with Pi-hole, and profile colors. Microsoft also needs your help to see if you're having any audio issues on your console and wants users to file reports on the matter. You can see more on the other issues with this release below.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Some users are reporting when quitting a game or app via the guide Home is not loading and you see a black screen.
- Hulu app volume is lower and the Hulu team is working on an app update.
As always, you can find this update now by heading to System > Console info & updates > Update console on your Xbox One. Happy downloading, and do let us know how this latest release is working for you by dropping us a comment in the section below.