Xbox One SmartGlass app for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.1 now available
Microsoft has rolled out an Xbox One edition of the SmartGlass app for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8. With this app, you can enhance your Xbox One experience using your smartphone or tablet running Microsoft’s operating system.
“Xbox One SmartGlass is the perfect companion app for your Xbox One, both in your living room and on the go. Connect and control your Xbox One. Stay connected with the games and gamers you like. And add a new dimension to your console entertainment with the mobile device you already own,” the app description reads. Here are some of the key features of the two apps:
- Navigate your Xbox One console using your device’s keyboard and touch
- Control your media and set top box with the SmartGlass remote control
- Browse the web on your TV using your mobile device
- Enhance what you are watching or playing with SmartGlass companions
- Increase performance with faster connections and reliability
- Search, browse, and pin content to play on your Xbox One console
- Track achievements, get game help, message friends, and watch game DVR clips
Xbox One SmartGlass app for both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone retains many of the key features from the current Xbox 360 SmartGlass app, except now you can control what app utilizes the Snap feature on the Xbox One. You can also access your achievements, pins, messages, see your friends list, and access the Xbox Live activity feed. For those of you who are planning on purchasing an Xbox One this holiday season, these two apps are the perfect companion.
Hit the download links below to snag the two apps – they are free!Windows 8.1, Windows Phone, Xbox One