If you’re an Xbox One Preview member, you might want to head over to your system settings and check for an update now. Microsoft has just pushed out a new Xbox One Preview Update, and it speeds up Cortana in the US and UK, speeds up the Store, and more.
Overall, the Preview Update should push the newest version to version rs1_xbox_rel_1610.161021-1900. For the complete details on what has changed, please check the changelog below.
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes prevent the Store from launching.
- Certain elements of the Store have been streamlined for an improved user experience.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Users with consoles set to the Singapore region (zh-sg or en-sg) should now see all appropriate apps while browsing the Store.
- Resolved numerous issues with unlocalized text (strange text characters) appearing in Guide.
- This build includes updates to the console speech recognizer for US and UK users, which reduces time to recognize commands like “Pause”, “Play”, “Mute”, “Yes”, and “No”. In addition, recognition has been improved for phrases such as “Watch NBC” “Watch FOX”, “Go to Netflix”, and “Open YouTube”, and should revert to web or marketplace searches less often.
- The See-It-Say-It timeout has been extended. This means users will have more time to make selections when saying “Hey Cortana, make a selection” or “Hey Cortana, select”.
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused the “Connect to LIVE” section to not appear on Home when no network connection is detected.
- Uninstalled games and apps should no longer display in the most recently used section on Home.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused Clubs you’re participating in to fail to display under “Your clubs”.
- When attempting to set an image as a Club background, recently created Clubs should no longer fail to display under “Choose a Club”.
- You should no longer encounter a “Something went wrong” or “That didn’t work” error when attempting to access invitation requests or recommendations.
Since this update is focused on polishing up the bugs found in previous Xbox Preview Builds, the release of a public build containing these features might come soon. Until then, happy downloading! And, as always, let us know how the Xbox Preview experience is going for you by dropping us a comment in the section below!Further reading: Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox Preview Program