Today, members of the Xbox One preview program got a first-hand look at the new features upcoming in the March Xbox One update. February’s Xbox One update brought a bunch of new features and improvements, now there are even better features in the March Xbox One preview update that will be updating Xbox One preview program users starting tonight.
According to Xbox Wire, here are the new upcoming features in March Xbox One preview update:
- “Screenshots- While playing a game, you can now take screenshots on your Xbox One console by simply double-tapping the Xbox button on your controller to capture a screenshot and pressing Y to save the screenshot. You can also say ‘Xbox Take a Screenshot’ to take and save a screenshot.
- The UPLOAD app is being updated so that you can manage your screenshots in addition to your game clips. You can use a screenshot as your background, by viewing the screenshot in full-screen mode from the Upload app, then, press the Menu button and select Set as background. In coming preview builds, you will be able to use UPLOAD to share screenshots to your activity feed, attach to messages, add screenshots to your showcase, and eventually share to Twitter.
- Suggested friends – With the suggested friends feature, the Friends area in home and your friends list will help you find and add friends. Suggested friends will include people you might know, so you add more friends to game with, and top community broadcasters and clip creators, so you can get more great content in your activity feed.
- Sharing your name – This month in preview, we’re rolling out two new ways to share your real name; with all of your friends or to everyone in the Xbox Live community. You can also continue to share your real name with select friends, or with no one, if that’s what you prefer. Gamertags are still the primary method of identifying yourself on Xbox Live, but sharing your real name helps people recognize you who might not know you by your gamertag.
- Tile transparency – We continue to listen to your feedback and are adding a setting to enable you to vary the level of transparency for your background images.
- Privacy and online safety settings – We added a new setting for sharing voice search data to create an option for you to allow collection and analysis of voice data when using Xbox – Bing to search.
- Report spam – The Messages app has an added option to allow you to notify Xbox when you receive spam.
- OneGuide for Australia
- Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in Australia”
For more detailed information on the March Xbox One preview update, check out Xbox Wire in the link below.