Microsoft is rolling out today a new update to the Xbox One system software, and the new build brings several new features and improvement that previously rolled out to members of the Xbox One preview program. Xbox Live’s Major Nelson announced the update on Twitter earlier today, and the new build 10.0.14393.1040 (rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160816-1851) brings new settings for the startup chime, improvements to the Xbox Universal store and more.
Xbox One system update rolling out today features updates to Startup Chime, Xbox Universal Store & more. Details: https://t.co/dt2LTfnaOY
— / Larry Hryb / + 1m (@majornelson) August 19, 2016
Here is the full changelog:
New or updated features
- You can now modify, turn on, or turn off the startup chime! You’ll find three new options in Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
- On (startup chime plays anytime the console is powered on).
- Only with power button or voice (startup chime plays when console is powered on via the power button or voice; does not play when powered on with the controller).
- Off (startup chime never plays).
Performance and General Improvements
Xbox Universal Store
- This build contains multiple fixes to address crashes in the Store.
- Fixed an issue which required users to click twice on the buy button.
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause time based trials to display incorrect time remaining.
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause a “Try again later” error to appear when newly purchased content is downloading.
- Resolved an issue which could cause errors when attempting to purchase or play Movies and TV content.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing some users from being able to sign in.
- Speed and performance improvements.
- You should now receive a “storage is full” notification when attempting to upload a capture to Xbox Live if storage is full.
- Resolved an issue which could cause certain games to fail to recognize the controller upon launch.
My Games & Apps
- Resolved issues which could cause certain apps to fail to install.
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause a black screen to appear when attempting to use the Weather App.
- Resolved issues which could sometimes cause Groove Music to crash.
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause the titles of universal apps (Movies & TV) to not appear in the console’s selected language.
- General stability improvements for games.
That’s a pretty big changelog, and as usual you can download this latest build on your console by heading over to Settings > All Settings > System > Console info & updates. Feel free to share your experience with the new build in the comments below.Further reading: Xbox, Xbox One