We reported this morning on the fairly significant update coming to Xbox One Preview members today, including all kinds improvements including the much-desired Party feature. Xbox One’s Mike Ybarra just let us know precisely when the update is coming: 6pm PST.
Xbox Preview Members: The February preview build for Xbox One should go live at 6PM PST. Check for it! Thanks for helping us test! #Xbox
— Mike Ybarra (@XboxQwik) January 20, 2016
You can check out our post from this morning, but here are the update’s highlights:
- See who’s in a Party – This much requested feature is coming to Xbox One, and allows you to see who is in a Party before joining. Find a friend who is in a party, check out their profile, click on ‘chat’, and see who they’re in a Party with.
- Gamerscore Leaderboard – The Leaderboard allows you to see where you stand relative to your friends, and see the biggest gains over the last 30 days.
- Rearrange Pins, and launch them from offline – You can now organize Pins to your liking, and launch Pinned games or apps when you are offline.
- Activity Feed updates – The Activity Feed will let you know when there are new items in your feed and you can click on the Activity Feed to get to the latest posts.
- Joinable Twitch Broadcasts – It’s now easier to launch Twitch broadcasts, straight from the Game Hub and from game tiles.
- Suggested Friends improvements – The latest update will offer you Suggested Friends in the Community area, with a gamertag, avatar, real name (if shared), and a reason why the gamer is being suggested.
- Hide games from the ready-to-install list – The ability to hide trials, games and apps from the Ready to Install list has been re-enabled.
So, Xbox One Preview members, keep that controller at the ready. Come 6pm PST, you’ll want to head over to settings and get that update on the download.Further reading: Microsoft, update, Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox Preview Program