Microsoft has rolled out a firmware update for the Xbox One controller, making it faster to connect to the Xbox One (roughly two seconds as opposed to five seconds). On top of that, Microsoft has added a few stability improvements, by addressing a number of issues submitted via user feedback.
If you are a member of the Xbox Preview Program, you can snag the latest firmware update. Follow the below steps to snag it. Remember, you must be a part of the Xbox Preview Program to snag this update (for now).
- Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
- Connect to Xbox Live.
- Press the Menu.
- Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller. If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
- Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen.
- When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page.
- Reselect the controller, the Firmware version, should now be: 1.2.2236.0.