Microsoft has rolled out a new update to the Xbox Music app for Windows Phone. In this update, which bumps the version number to 2.6.414.0, Microsoft has addressed various app crash issues, along with various improvements.
On top of that, Microsoft has revealed that the Xbox Music team has begun work on new features that will be introduced in Windows 10. Details about these new features are not available right now. Here is what Microsoft had to say on the official Xbox Music UserVoice feedback site:
“A new release is available today for the Xbox Music app on Windows Phone 8.1. You may have noticed it has been more than two weeks since the last update was released. Updates will be less frequent now that the team is also working on new features that will be introduced in Windows 10. Rest assured we will continue to update the Xbox Music app on Windows Phone 8.1 based on your feedback. Expect an update each month. Please continue making your feedback known on User Voice, in store reviews, and elsewhere on the Internet. We’re listening!”
Microsoft is assuring everyone that while updates to Xbox Music will be less frequent, updates to the app will continue based on user feedback — so don’t stop giving Microsoft your valuable feedback! You can snag the updated app via the download link below. Here is the official change log for the update:
- Thirteen of the top unexpected app exits have been fixed (e.g. playback during sync, changing filter with selected songs).
- Album and artist art issues: Some local tracks not showing album art in Now Playing; Album art flashing while shuffling large collections; Background artist art flashing.
- Inconsistent display of album art when offline.
- Local or sideloaded albums not showing album art in Recent Plays.
- Content sync interruptions causing all future syncs to fail.
- Deleted songs don’t always get removed from your collection.
- Unable to playback albums in certain circumstances.
- Inconsistent sorting of songs that start with an article (e.g. “A”).