Xbox Music app for Windows Phone improves playback support and more in the latest update
The Xbox Music app for Windows Phone has received an exciting update. The new version brings along navigation improvements and better playback support among several other fixes. However, the much longed for Live Tile support is only coming with a future update.
Bumping up the version number to 18.104.22.168, the new iteration allows playback of songs from the Recent Play section. With the update, kids will also be able to enjoy the music player, as support for music in Kid’s Corner has been added.
Here’s the complete changelog.
- You can let your kids play music worry free, now that we’ve added support for music in Kid’s Corner! But it requires you to have Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 installed on the handset.
- It’s easier than ever to start playback of your favorite tunes via our new Recent Plays feature!
- It’s noticeably faster to launch & navigate about the app, particularly the songs, artists, and albums pages
Besides that, there are also several fixes.
- Album art & metadata reliability.
- Unexpected app exits & some black screens.
- Playlists now shuffle from everywhere (extending support for beyond 100 tracks)
The Xbox Music app for Windows Phone will push performance improvements in its future update. The said fix will improve the responsiveness. Alongside general UX improvements, the Live Tile support is also imminent. You can grab the updated version from the download link below.Windows Phone, Xbox Music