The Xbox team are releasing a new build to Xbox Insiders on the Preview Program. Those in the Alpha ring will receive this build 2AM GMT (2PM PST) that delivers fixes for a number of issues.
Here is the changelog:
• My Games and Apps
- Fixed an error that resulted in content that was installing/downloading not resuming after a reboot.
- Certain games when installing had been failing to run on first launch until a reboot – this is now fixed.
• Party Chat
Reliability fixes to improve the time it takes for users to join a Party Chat session who had been experiencing long join times.
• Pseudo Localization/Language Translation String Fixes
Users will no longer see incorrect language translations in the build. If you do encounter any incorrect strings please report a problem.
Fixed an issue which caused the incorrect profile color to display after powering on the console.
There are also some known issues (and workarounds) to be weary of too:
• Games Installation
Games that are installed fail to launch. Workaround: If the games are installed to an external drive please copy the game to the internal drive or attempt to delete the title and redownload to fix the launch error.
We are investigating the inaccurate RGB colors that have been reported when displaying in 4K HDR mode when playing a UHD disc.
• The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
• Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew
• Avatars on Home
Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
Hopefully this build will deliver a smoother experience to those in the Alpha ring. Let us know in the comments below once you've had chance to give the build a run!