Xbox Insider update: Another Alpha build, Beta & Delta receive previous Alpha build
Hot on the heels of the earlier Alpha build for Xbox Preview Program members, the Xbox team are releasing another build for those on the Alpha ring, while moving the previous Alpha build, that contained 2 audio fixes, to the Beta and Delta rings.
The new Alpha build comes in at build number 1804.180329-1920 and fixes an issue with Achievements, whereby notifications and tracking would fail. The same Known Issues from the previous Alpha build (see here) remain in this build.
It’s not just those on Alpha that are getting all the fun this Easter weekend however, as Beta and Delta are receiving Alpha’s previous build, this build comes in at build number 1804.180328-1922 and delivers 2 fixes for audio issues:
- Fixed an issue in which some users may experience a black screen or a console crash when the default audio is set to Dolby Atmos.
- Fixed low audio volumes some users have been encountering in various apps and games.
This build comes with the following known issues to watch out for:
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
Controller sharing/ Co-pilot vibration issues
- Some users may experience a problem with a controller vibrating non-stop when using the share controller or the co-pilot feature.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- Some users are reporting when quitting a game or app via the guide Home is not loading and you see a black screen.
- Hulu app volume is lower and being investigated.
If you’re on either Alpha, Beta, or the Delta ring, then your console will prompt to update the next time it is turned on.Further reading: Microsoft, Xbox One, Xbox Preview Program