XBMC, a free award winning and open source software media player and entertainment hub designed for digital media, is now available for all to download. XBMC is a unique media player that has seen over 50 software developers contributing to its development. Currently at RC2, XBMC 12 is now feature complete and includes some audio device detection fixes as well as other stability enhancements and minor bug fixes.
So what’s new with XBMC 12?
- HD audio support, including DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD, via the new XBMC AudioEngine
- Live TV and PVR support
- h.264 10bit (aka Hi10P) video software decoding for anime
- 64bit support in OSX to match the 64bit support in Linux
- Improved image support, allowing the database to accomodate numerous additional image types
- Support for the Raspberry PI
- Initial support for the Android platform
- Improved Airplay support across all platforms
- Improved controller support in Windows and Linux
- Advanced Filtering in the library
- Advanced UPnP sharing
- Translations now powered by Transifex