Windows XP share drops while Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 see a combined share of 12.24%
The month of April has come to a close and its now time to take a look at how well Microsoft’s Windows operating system performed in terms of market share. As of April 2014, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 now have a combined market share of 12.24%, which is an increase from March’s 11.3% share. Windows XP, on the other hand, has dropped in share.
According to new data from Net Applications, Windows 7 continues to be the top Windows operating system with a 49.27% share, which is an increase compared to the previous month’s 48.77% share. Windows XP, which has already reached its end of support, has dropped to 26.29% share. Windows 8, on the other hand, has a 6.36% market share as of April 2014. Windows 8.1 accounts for 5.88%. Combined, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 now own a 12.24% share.
Windows XP, as expected, has dropped in share while Windows 8 (along with Windows 8.1) are continuing to see an increase in combined share. Windows 7, surprisingly, is also increasing in market share.Further reading: Microsoft, Windows 8.1, Windows XP