As part of the January 2014 Patch Tuesday, Microsoft has rolled out KB2913270 for both Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1. This update package includes performance and reliability improvements for the Windows Store, making your app browsing experience just a tad bit better.
With this update, Microsoft has made the Windows Store app launch a bit faster on the Surface RT. On top of that, Microsoft has fixed a few issues with the Live tile and issues with access violations when attempting to browse the Windows Store. Access Denied errors have been fixed, along with crashes from changing the text size. Here are the key improvements after installing this update:
- Faster Windows Store launch time on Surface RT.
- Fixes an issue in which the fresh apps in the Windows Store Live Tile do not match the apps in the Spotlight.
- Fixes an access violation in Windows Store.
- Fixes an issue in which Windows Store crashes when you change the text or font size from default to larger, or from larger to default.
- Fixes an "Access Denied" error when you try to access Windows Store.
- Fixes an issue in which Windows Store crashes when you change the background color.
- Fixes an issue in which Developer license acquisition fails with a 0xC03F1014 error code.
Hit the download link below to snag this update. If you have automatic updates enabled, you likely have this update installed already - as part of the January 2014 Patch Tuesday. Enjoy!