Windows-dedicated ad network AdDuplex has notified us of an update to their AppRaisin app, pushing the version number to 1.2 while introducing several UX and performance improvements.
A quick recap for those unfamiliar with AppRaisin: think of it like Reddit for Windows Store. A “community-driven news source,” AppRaisin provides a platform for its users to post news related to apps and games on the Windows Store, including updates, releases, deals and more. Other users will then be able to “raise” the news they find interesting, pushing its visibility up in the news panel, share the news, or get the app with a directly to the Store. It’s a novel and interesting idea, and from the positive user feedback, many seems to share the same sentiment (of course, helped along by the app’s polished Modern UI and well-doneness.) The app was released in November this year.
A list of what’s new in version 1.2 of AppRaisin is as follows:
- Pin AppRaisin to your start screen and get an update on the top app news with just a glance at our new Live Tile;
- Each news item is now classified as either a New release, Update, Price drop or Discover (just an app recommendation from the fellow community members);
- Now you can see who posted the news;
- In case you have questions about AppRaisin and how it works – check out the help section in the About dialog;
- Error messages are improved with more details. This will hopefully help us eliminate bugs faster;
- Some users were getting a blank screen after posting news via sharing from the Store – this is now fixed;
- Other minor improvements, UI tweaks and under the hood optimizations.
Further reading: AdDuplex, AppRaisin, Microsoft, Windows 10