Microsoft announced today that Windows Server 2012 Essentials has finally been released to manufacturing (RTM) and is available for trial download. For those who don’t remember, Windows Server 2012 Essentials is the successor to Windows Small Business Server.
During the 8 week beta testing phase, Windows Server 2012 Essentials was downloaded over 23,000 times. Microsoft stated that Windows Server 2012 Essentials wont be available for purchase until November 1st while OEM builders will be shipping servers pre-installed with Essentials until the end of the year. Take a look below for a feature-breakdown:
- Enable a dynamic, modern work style with access from your devices by using Remote Web Access (RWA), and take advantage of Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 devices for a superior experience with rich modern “My Server” apps.
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your data is well-protected by complementing your on-site backups with Windows Azure Online Backup, as well as utilizing integrated support for the new Windows 8 File History feature.
- Choose the email and collaboration option that’s right for you, whether that’s in the cloud with Office 365 or a hosted service provider, or running on a local server.
- Quickly and easily respond to increasing data capacity needs with support for Storage Spaces, which allows you to create elastic, resilient storage for your files and folders.
- Run the line-of-business applications that you depend on by leveraging our greatly improved application compatibility, now with a single logo certification for all Windows Server 2012 editions.
- Purchase with confidence knowing that your technology investment can easily grow to Windows Server 2012 Standard if the needs of your business grow.
- Deploy today with full support for 19 languages, all releasing simultaneously.