Windows Reading List app for Windows 8.1 receives an update, fixes bugs
Microsoft has rolled out an update to the Windows Reading List app for Windows 8.1. This update is minor and simply addresses bugs and improves support for the Windows Phone app.
“Do you ever run out of time to read articles or watch videos you’ve found online? With Reading List, you can easily track and manage all of the content you want to get back to later in a beautiful display. You can share content to your list from the web or from other apps and easily come back to it when you have more time. Whatever you like to read or watch, the app makes it easy to save, find and get back to things you like, listing content you’ve saved in chronological order,” the app description reads.
In this latest update, bugs were squashed and support for the Windows Phone app was added. You can save your reading lists on Windows 8.1 and have it sync to your app on Windows Phone. The app also allows you to add bookmarks from apps or the web to keep track of things you want to read later.
Here are the key features of this app:
- Keep your list to the side as you view content you’ve added
- Easily remove items once you’re done with them
- Search through the items in your reading list to find specific things
- Each item is shown in a rich display, showing the title, images, a description, and what app it came from
- Categorize items. You can group together ideas about the next place you want to vacation, articles about finance, or things you want to read for work
- Filter items easily by category
- Share a set of items from your list with others
- Removed an item by mistake? Use the recently deleted section to find it
- Great for touch, mouse or keyboard
Hit the download link below to snag the app for Windows 8.1. We’ve also added the download link to the Windows Phone app in case you don’t already have it.
Thanks for the tip, Hosch and Steveo!Reading List, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone