While many banks in North America are reconsidering their presence on Windows Phone, the platform has unsurprisingly been receiving international banking support. As lower-end Lumia devices push Windows Phone adoption in international markets, it makes sense to see banking support come in from areas such as Italy, the UK and India.
Recently, the Bank of the Philippine Islands joined the international support for the Windows Phone platform. A remote banking app for the Bank of the Philippine Islands landed on Windows Phone a few days ago. The new banking app is the first of such banking apps for the institution to arrive for Windows Phone.
We’re not sure if the app will make its way over to Windows 10 Mobile during the upcoming transition, but current Windows Phone users who bank with the Bank of the Philippine Islands now have access to:
- Payments to over 300 partner merchants
- Subscribe to or redeem from your investment accounts
- Load a BPI Express Cash Card or BPI My ePrepaid Card
- Reload Globe/TM prepaid numbers
- Look for the nearest ATM/branch
- Browse through BPI's latest promos
- Check the latest Foreign Exchange Rates of BPI
- Access to Quick Links
- Verisign security certificate that enables SSL for end-to-end encryption
- Optional enabling of the Transfer to Anyone requires ATM activation or signed form
- Remote disabling of the Transfer to Anyone feature via BPI Express Online or 89100
- View the account balances of your enrolled BPI, BPI Family Savings, BPI Direct deposit accounts, BPI Credit Cards, and Investments accounts
- See the transaction history and details of your enrolled accounts
- Transfer funds from your enrolled accounts to any other BPI, BPI Family Savings, or BPI Direct deposit account
- Email confirmation sent to your registered email address for every financial transaction done
The app is free and from now until September 30th the bank is offering customers use of the app without data charges in the region.