Microsoft has just released the Windows 10 preview build 20215 for Insiders in the Dev channel, which includes a couple of bug fixes but no new features. The Windows Insider team also announced that all Dev Channel Insiders using the system-wide dark theme will now see dark theme search results in Windows Search.
"This change will make the transition between Start and search results easier on the eyes now that both support dark theme,” the team said. Again, this is a server-side change and you won’t need to install the latest Dev Channel build to see it.
As for today’s flight, it includes a couple of fixes for minor issues affecting the Start Menu, Voice Typing, and the Windows Security app. You can find all details about quality fixes and known issues in the build 20215 below:
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Windows Security app hanging.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Windows Security app crashing when navigating to the Exclusions page when there were a large number of exclusions.
- We fixed an issue where using a restore point that had been created prior to a Microsoft Edge update to do a system restore could result in Microsoft Edge not launching after the restore was finished.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the text cursor unexpectedly moving to the beginning of a text field when typing with the Korean IME in certain apps.
- We fixed an issue impacting Voice Typing reliability.
- We’ve fixed an issue where on a small subset of devices the Start menu did not reflect when an update was pending restart and scheduled restarts are cancelled.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re working on a fix to enable live preview for pinned site tabs.
- We’re working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We’re investigating reports of some Office applications crashing or missing after updating to a new build.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue resulting in Settings crashing for some Insiders when opening Manage Disks and Volumes.
- We’re investigating reports of some devices experiencing a KMODE_EXCEPTION bugcheck when using certain virtualization technologies.
- We’re working on a fix for the Linux kernel not being installed when using the `wsl –install` command in the Windows Subsystem for Linux. For an immediate workaround run `wsl –update` to get the latest kernel version.
- We are investigating an issue affecting Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distros where users can receive the error: “The remote procedure call failed” on startup.
- We’re investigating a bug where the vEthernet adapter in Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 distros becomes disconnected after a period of use. For full details please follow this Github thread.
- We’re working on a fix for seeing generic errors when using `wsl –install` in the Windows Subsystem for Linux.
If today's build brings no new features, the Dev Channel build 20211 released last week brought the ability to search the Default Apps pages in Settings, as well as a Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 update allowing Insiders to attach and mount a physical disk inside of a WSL2 distro. We invite you to check our previous post for more details.