Today, Microsoft released an update to the Dev Center to add some features based on developer feedback this December. The Windows Dev Center adds a number of features to help developers as Microsoft merges its Windows PC and Windows mobile stores in preparation for a Universal App Store. Microsoft aims to periodically update the Dev Center with new updates, features, and to fix performance issues as they arise.
- Multi-user access with roles: support multiple users in a single account, with permissions controlled through user roles – this is one of the most voted for features in Uservoice, and is available now in all Dev Center accounts
- Windows Store APIs: validate apps or in-app product acquisitions, useful for cross-platform services, or to add another layer of validation for customer purchases
- In-app purchase discounts: schedule IAP price discounts for apps running on Windows 10
- Access to Office and Azure programs: access the Office and Azure developer programs at no extra cost through the Dev Center registration
- More effective Store lists: The Store is updating the algorithms for the “New and Rising” and “Best Rated” lists to be able to show more apps than before
- Update to the Windows App Certification Kit: with additional validation tests for UWP app submissions