There is no rest for Insiders on a Friday as Microsoft rolls out a set of updates for all preview channels.
For the Beta and Release Preview Channel Insiders, the Windows team just released build 2200.346 with brings a long list of fixes and not much more.
Here are just a few of the improvements Insiders on the Beta and Release rings can look forward to when upgrading:
- We fixed an issue that affects the Appx PowerShell cmdlet functionality on PowerShell 7.1 and later.
- We fixed an issue that causes some users to see an unexpected “bad image” error message dialog at startup.
- We fixed an issue that causes searchindexer.exe to stop responding during a dismount operation in the remote desktop environment.
- We fixed an issue that affects the opening of the SearchFilterHost.exe process.
- We added support for the cancellation of daylight savings time for the Republic of Fiji for 2021.
- We fixed an issue that causes devices that have certain processors to stop responding when waking from hibernation.
- We fixed a COM initialization issue in dll that might cause the calling process to stop working.
- We fixed an issue in the Hyper-V virtual machine bus (VMBus) that causes the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) VM to occasionally time out when attaching disks. This issue also prevents the utility from starting.
- We fixed an issue that affects the System Memory Management Unit’s (SMMU) fault handling after hibernation.
- We fixed an issue that causes the system to stop working after you enable Hyper-V.
- We fixed an issue that fails to apply machine Group Policy objects automatically at startup or in the background to devices on a domain that have certain processors.
- We fixed an issue that causes the Server Manager cmdlet to return a failure. As a result, many Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) validations fail during the installation of optional features.
- We added the option to configure an Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) maximum transmission unit (MTU) that is less than 576 bytes on an interface.
- We fixed an issue that causes get-winevent to fail, and the error is an InvalidOperationException.
- We fixed an issue that incorrectly renders some variable fonts.
- We fixed an issue that displays glyphs at the wrong angle when you use the Meiryo UI font and other vertical fonts. These fonts are frequently used in Japan, China, or other countries in Asia.
That's only a quarter of the list of fixes that are in tow for build 22000.346. Other improvements include fixes for issues that affect NFTS, flash drives, Focus Assist, flickering in the taskbar and so much more.
Check out the long list of fixes here to see if today's update is worth the time and process.