Microsoft has fulfilled the wishes of many users by releasing an updated Windows 11 22H2 ISO for download, making it easier to perform a clean install of the operating system. This means that users will have access to Moment 1, Moment 2, and all Controlled Feature Releases (CFRs) that have been introduced since the arrival of 22H2 last September until May 2023.
The news about the updated Windows 11 22H2 ISOs was initially shared by PhantomOcean3 on Twitter almost a month ago. Although Microsoft has not made an official announcement regarding the release, it was recently confirmed by leading tech website Thurrott that the ISO is finally available for download.
To obtain the Windows 11 22H2 ISO, interested users can visit the Microsoft website’s Windows 11 download page and follow these steps:
- On your browser, navigate to the Download Windows 11 page.
- Scroll down to the “Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) for x64 devices” section and expand the drop-down menu below it.
- Select Windows 11 (multi-edition ISO for x64 devices) and click Download Now button.
- Now expand the drop-down menu and select the product language. Click Confirm.
- Finally, click 64-bit Download to begin downloading the latest Windows 11 22H2 ISO file.
It is crucial to ensure that the downloaded file has the correct filename, such as “Win11_22H2_EnglishInternational_x64v2.iso” or “Win11_22H2_English_x64v2.iso,” depending on the chosen language. The “v2” at the end of the filename is essential to ensure that the latest build is being downloaded and not an older version.
The availability of Windows installation media directly from Microsoft eliminates the inconvenience of installing an older version of Windows 11 and then having to download a substantial update separately.