The Telegram Desktop app for Windows devices updated to Version 1.9.21 this week. This updated added several notable features including picture-in-picture mode for multitasking, video playback speed controls, media rotation options, and a new way to mark images as read.
This update also improves the in-app spellchecking for those Telegram users on Linux or still using Windows 7.
Here’s the full release notes:
- Switch to Picture-in-Picture mode to watch your video in a small window while doing something else.
- Change playback speed in the '...' menu when watching videos.
- Rotate photos and videos in the media viewer using the rotate button in the bottom right corner.
- Mark new messages as read while scrolling down through them.
- Improved spellchecking on Windows 7 and Linux.
Telegram is a free messaging app with a strong focus on privacy and security. It’s incredibly popular with cryptocurrency and tech enthusiasts but is quickly growing in popularity in other circles as well.
Do you use Telegram? Let us know why or why not in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Windows app content.