If you’re running the non-Windows Insider preview version of Windows 10, a.k.a. Build 10240, then head on over to your Windows Update settings. Microsoft is serving up a few updates, including a security update for IE’s version of Flash and an always-welcome cumulative update. Today’s version is KB3097617, and we don’t have word yet on what the update contains.
We love updates, and we’re always glad to see the shipping version of Windows 10 get some attention. We’ll report back on what KB3097617 addresses as soon as we can get our hands on the details.
Update: See the below list of patches this cumulative update contains. According to Microsoft, this update for Windows 10 includes functionality improvements and resolves the vulnerabilities in Windows that are described in the following Microsoft security bulletins and advisory:
- KB3096447 MS15-111: Security Update for Windows Kernel to address elevation of privilege: October 13, 2015
- KB3096443 MS15-109: Security update for Windows Shell to address remote code execution: October 13, 2015
- KB3096448 MS15-107: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: October 13, 2015
- KB3096441 MS15-106: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: October 13, 2015
- KB3097966 Microsoft security advisory: Inadvertently Disclosed Digital Certificates Could Allow Spoofing: October 13, 2015