Welcome back to our weekly “Windows 10 news recap” series where we go over the top stories of the past week in the world of Microsoft’s latest operating system. Let’s get started.
Struggling to link to your Feedback Hub items? A Windows enthusiast makes it a little easier
Sharing your Feedback Hub items across the internet can be a painful and tedious task, with there being no universally accepted URL schema available. A Windows enthusiast has made efforts to reduce the pain involved with an all-new Link Generator.
Microsoft may have finally worked out what it is doing with SMS integration in Windows 10
SMS integration has had a rough time of it lately, with Microsoft tossing it between the Messaging app and its new Skype app. After a few throws, it appears that Microsoft may have finally made its mind up and decided to integrate it fully into Skype, if our sources are to be believed.
Acer announces its TravelMate X349 notebook running Windows 10
Bringing performance and looks with a reasonable price, Acer unveiled its TravelMate X349 notebook on Microsoft's Windows blog, offering up a nice device for work on-the-go and travelling.
Task View improvements will be arriving in the Anniversary Update
The Task View feature in Windows 10 will be receiving some improvements when the Anniversary Update rolls out on August 2nd. One of them is being able to pin a window, so that appears across all virtual desktops.
Notion Ink begins sales of its low-end Able 10 in India
Notion Ink has launched its Able 10 2-in-1 running Windows 10 in India, bringing a low-end device to the market, coming in at a price of Rs 24,990.
ASUS releases its mid-range Zenbook Flip UX360CA
New Windows 10 devices are appearing all over the place and ASUS is no exception. The company is releasing its ZenBook Flip UX360CA, providing a mid-range 2-in-1 device at a price of $799.
Microsoft working to provide a workaround for Build Expiration notices
Build expiration notices have been appearing some of the recent Insider builds, prompting users that their build will expire and not be usable soon. Microsoft is working to provide a workaround for these in the upcoming Insider Preview builds.
Stronger security will be arriving in Windows 10's Anniversary Update thanks to Windows Information Protection
Microsoft is working to boost security in Windows 10 and one of the changes it is making is bringing Windows Information Protection to Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update, helping to further secure customer information.
Rudy Huyn makes a public complaint against the Feedback Hub
A popular figure in the Windows 10 area for his third-party apps, Rudy Huyn, has complained publicly on Twitter about Windows 10's Feedback Hub, openly telling Microsoft it is better to switch back towards UserVoice.
There's also been plenty of app updates and announcements:
- Tweetium updated, adds Windows 10 Feedback Hub URL links
- Microsoft’s Quick Assist makes another appearance in Windows 10 build 14383
- Google Maps for Windows 10 becomes a possibility with Maps App Discovery
- Tap My Back brings friendly team recognition in a Universal Windows 10 app
- Cowbeans releases Pixel Survival as a universal game for Windows 10
- New York Times rebuilds its Crossword app for Windows 10 PC and Mobile
- Office Lens for Windows 10 discovered in the Windows Store a little early
- Vector Watch releases Universal Windows 10 app for its smartwatches
- Your Groove feature for Groove Music on Windows 10 now available for Slow and Release Preview ring
- Photos app for Windows 10 Insiders gets a new animation and slideshow button
- Formula 1 app for Windows 10 lets you follow your favorite teams and drivers
- SoundCloud: we’re looking into a Windows 10 app, Windows 10 Mobile too
- Zonos UWP Sonos client receives update on Windows 10, Cortana and Pandora support and more
- Slacker Radio for Windows 10 just got a nice update
In terms of Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds this week, we've piles of fixes, here they are:
- 14383 makes its way to Fast Ring Insiders
- 14385 brings many highly requested fixes for Fast Ring Insiders