If you’re running a Windows 10 Mobile Insider device on build 14342, you might run into a small issue that’s making it hard for you to manage update speeds. According to a post over at Microsoft’s Answers community, a server-side issue is making it impossible to change Insider levels for some users.
Here’s the scoop:
We have seen several reports of Windows Insiders in the Mobile Fast ring on build 14342.1004 mentioning that their ring-selection drop-down shows “Disabled” in the Settings menu.
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program
Again, this is completely on Microsoft’s side, and users won’t have to do anything to resolve it. Once Microsoft resolves the issue, the ability to change Insider level will automagically become available again.
More details follow:
– We will not release any flights until this is corrected.
– A fix is expected within the next few days, so no new builds over the weekend. This isn’t surprising, right? I can count on zero fingers how many Saturday or Sunday builds we’ve released to Insiders. And… we have Monday off as well. 🙂
– No action should be required on your part.
– We will make the necessary changes and when complete, affected users should be back on their original ring (WIP Fast)
– This only affects users on Mobile build 14342.1004 (which was released only to WIP Fast)
We will provide additional updates when the changes are completed, so hold tight! 🙂
So, hang tight if you run across this issue. Let us know in the comments if you’re suffering from this issue, and when it’s resolved for you.