Earlier today, Dona Sarkar and the Windows Insider team pushed out build 15055 for PC and Mobile Insiders in the Fast Ring. While that build was packed with the usual fixes, known issues, and improvements, the team has since followed up late tonight to push out Windows 10 Mobile build 15051 to Slow Ring Insiders as well. We’re revisiting our previous posts from a few days ago and have included the full details on the latest Windows 10 Mobile Slow Ring build for you below.
Hey #WindowsInsiders, we've released Build 15051 for Mobile to the Slow ring! https://t.co/vDW0ZklYTp
— Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) March 10, 2017
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile:
- We appreciate several of you sending us feedback on this and last week, we focused on fixing issues that resulted in frequent reboots for some Insiders on Build 15047. If you continue to experience unexpected reboots, be sure to send in feedback to us via Feedback Hub so the team can take a look!
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain inbox apps, such as Calculator, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, Groove Music, no longer being present on the system after a hard reset.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Groove Music not resuming playback after ending a phone call if the app became suspended during the call.
- We fixed an issue where periodically attaching larger photos to a message in Messaging wouldn’t work.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where, in certain apps, if you had selected editable text and pressed Shift on the keyboard, the keyboard would crash.
- We fixed an issue impacting certain UWP apps using pivots, such as the News app, where the pivot control could end up becoming offset after quickly swiping through the pivots.
- We fixed an issue where asking Cortana to read a text message over Bluetooth with many back to back emoji would result in high-pitched distorted noise.
- We fixed an issue where after upgrading some Insiders were unexpectedly seeing the full QWERTY keyboard on the lock screen instead of the pin pad.
Known issues with Windows 10 Mobile Insider build 15051:
- We have discovered a bug that causes background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive’s camera roll sync feature. Please double check your photos have synced to OneDrive on the latest builds. We’ve got a fix for this issue coming in an upcoming build where background tasks will run again and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive as expected.
- If your device experiences an unexpected reboot, in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost. We’re actively investigating this issue. If you believe you’ve hit this, please up-vote this feedback item In Feedback Hub.
- Speech packs may be unable to download on this build.
Dona Sarkar promises that this is the last build for the week, so it’s safe to assume that you Windows Insiders will have plenty of time to submit feedback to Microsoft before the new week (and a new round of builds!) begins. As always, we wish you well in your downloading, and invite you to drop us a comment below to let us know how the new build experience is going for you!