Microsoft released today Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14936 for Windows Insiders in the Fast ring, and Windows 10 Mobile users will be pleased to learn that the new bits bring several important fixes to issues that appeared in previous builds. First of all, Microsoft has fixed the bug causing the pin pad to disappear on the lock screen which could in some cases make your phone completely unusable. Additionally, the Windows Engineering has also fixed a severe bug which caused SIM cards to be no longer recognized.
There are a lot of other fixes and overall this new build should be much more usable. Please find the full changeling below:
- We fixed the issue causing the pin pad to not be visible to unlock the phone even after rebooting the phone.
- We fixed the issue where some phones lose the ability to use their SIM cards.
- We fixed the mobile hotspot issue where it works the first time but subsequent attempts to use the feature won’t work until the phone is rebooted.
- We fixed an issue causing some devices such as the Lumia 650 from failing to install a new build with Error 0x80188308.
- We fixed the issue causing some build updates to fail with an 800703ed error code.
- We fixed the issue where Action Center no longer closes if you swipe up on the empty space (area of Action Center that doesn’t show any notifications).
- We fixed an issue where notifications were unexpectedly showing the app logo within the notification when viewed in Action Center.
- We fixed an issue for devices that shipped with Windows Phone 8.1, such as the Lumia 930 and 1520, where if you plugged in a headset during an ongoing call, the audio would not be routed to the headset.
There are some known issues as well and we invite you to check them over here. If you’re a Windows Insider on the Fast Ring, you can download the build right now by checking for updates in your phone settings. As always, let us know in the comments if this new build works well or not on your handset.