Windows 10 Insiders have been teased all week by program lead Dona Sarkar, that new builds for PC and mobile would be released sometime this week. Well, the time has come and Dona has pressed her big red release button, seeding new Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14383 for both PC and mobile to Insiders on the Fast Ring.
With rumors that the Windows team has begun signing off on the final release of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, builds being delivered to Insiders will probably be nothing more than a list of fixes and tweaks to the already existing feature set.
With that being said, here are the improvements and fixes for PC build 14383:
Improvements and fixes for PC
- The link to “Get more extensions from the Store” under the Extensions pane in Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download available extensions.
- We have changed the keyboard shortcut to invoke Cortana in listening mode to Win + Shift + C based on feedback from Insiders experiencing a large number of unintended activations of Cortana while in listening mode. Speaking “Hey Cortana”, when enabled in Cortana Settings, continues to invoke Cortana in listening mode as it always has.
- Going forward from this build, updates to the Quick Action area of Action Center will be preserved across upgrades.
- We fixed an issue where disconnecting the Surface Book from an external monitor set as primary might result in the Surface Book screen showing in portrait rather than landscape until having detached and reattached the screen.
- We fixed an issue where the Settings app was showing media controls in the taskbar preview window.
- We fixed an issue where dragging the file comparison or manage library dialogs between two monitors with different DPIs would result in the dialog content no longer displaying correctly
- We fixed an issue where the checkmark used to indicate a selected state in app bar toggle buttons wasn’t visible in high contrast, for example in the Photos menu under “…”.
- We fixed an issue where connecting to a PC using Remote Desktop when a maximized window is immediately behind the Remote Desktop dialog would result in the subsequent the Credential UI window being displayed behind the maximized window.
- We fixed an issue where, with certain monitor configurations, Explorer.exe would hang after a tooltip is displaying.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain Bluetooth mice, such as the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse, sometimes accelerating erratically when moving the cursor across the screen.
- We fixed an issue where on certain webpages in Microsoft Edge when Narrator was in Scan mode and going line by line through a list of hyperlinks, Narrator wouldn’t announce the fact that these were hyperlinks.
- We fixed an issue with certain websites potentially causing a memory leak and becoming unresponsive in Microsoft Edge when the LastPass extension had been enabled.
There it is, a long list of welcome fixes for Insiders leading towards the finish line of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update release.
Head over to your Update Settings page to grab the latest build of Windows 10 Insider preview.
Happy downloading, Insiders.Further reading: Extensions, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows 10 Insider, Windows Store