OK so it’s late afternoon here in Washington State, mid-evening on the East Coast, and just after midnight in London, but hey! a new Windows 10 Insider build! Microsoft just announced the release of 21H1 Build 19043.1081 (KB5003690) to the Beta and Release Preview Channels. If you’re on 21H1, and in either of these channels, time to update!
This latest release includes a fairly long list of improvements, here are some highlights, (refer to the blog post for the complete list):
- We fixed an issue that causes blurry text on the news and interests button on the Windows taskbar for some display configurations. (see this OnMSFT.com post)
- We fixed an issue that causes Windows to stop working when it uses AppLocker to validate a file that has multiple signatures. The error is 0x3B
- We fixed an issue in which signing in using a PIN fails. The error message is “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”
- We improved the accuracy and efficiency of sensitive data analysis in the Microsoft 365 Endpoint data loss prevention (DLP) Classification Engine
- We added support for the USB Test and Measurement Class.
- We fixed an issue with Search box graphics on the Windows taskbar that occurs if you use the taskbar’s context menu to turn off News and interests. This graphics issue is especially visible when using dark mode.
- We fixed an issue that might cause signing in with your fingerprint to fail after the system starts up or resumes from sleep.
- We fixed an issue that might redirect you to the Microsoft Store page for Gaming Services when you try to install or start an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows 10 device. Additionally, you receive error 0x80073D26 or 0x8007139F. For more information, see KB5004327.
As noted, there are a number of other improvements, so check the full list if you’re having issues with 21H1, and have fun installing the latest build!
ps: (no, 21H1 isn’t a pseudo Windows 11 release, but we like the pretty backgrounds so we’re using one here!)