Microsoft has just announced the release of the Windows 10 Insider build 19042.388 for Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel (Slow Ring). This is the second Windows 10 20H2 preview build since the release of the build 19042.330 in the beta channel last month.
This minor update includes the following quality fixes:
- We fixed an issue that might prevent you from using PowerShell to change the system locale on Server Core platforms.
- We fixed an issue that might cause certain games and applications to have visual distortion when resizing in windowed mode or switching from full screen to window mode.
- We fixed an issue that causes lsass.exe to fail with the following error message, “A critical system process, C:WINDOWSsystem32lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000008. The machine must now be restarted.”
- We fixed an issue that might prevent some applications from printing documents that contain graphics or large files after installing Windows Updates released June 9, 2020.
- We fixed an issue that might prevent you from connecting to OneDrive using the OneDrive app. This issue occurs on some older devices or on devices that have older apps, which use legacy file system filter drivers. As a result, this might prevent these devices from downloading new files or opening previously synced or downloaded files.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Microsoft Store, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Hybrid Cloud Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, Windows MSXML, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Remote Desktop, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge Legacy, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
Windows 10 20H2 will ship later this year, and it's expected to be another minor update like the November 2019 Update was last year. 20H2 preview builds only include quality fixes so far, though we hope to see some new features show up in the beta channel in the coming months.