If you’re running a production version of Windows 10, that is Windows 10 Version 1607, then you’ll be excited to note that Microsoft released an update for you today. It’s Patch Tuesday, and so that makes some sense.
Today’s release, build 14393.447, isn’t a huge one, but it does address some issues. Here’s the complete changelog:
This update includes quality improvements and security updates. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved the reliability of multimedia audio, Remote Desktop, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
- Addressed issue with a scheduled task that doesn’t run in Task Scheduler after reenabling.
- Addressed issue to update the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
- Addressed issue with the system tray showing no Wi-Fi connection even when Wi-Fi is present.
- Addressed issue with Windows devices that disconnect from the Internet prematurely before users can complete their paid Wi-Fi purchase.
- Addressed issue to update the new Belarusian ruble symbol to Br and the new ISO 4217 code to BYN.
- Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, packaging release management, authentication, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Remote Desktop, Active Directory, wireless networking, Windows shell, graphics, enterprise security, and Microsoft HoloLens.
- Security updates to Boot Manager, Windows operating system, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Common Log File System driver, Microsoft Video Control, Common Log File System driver, Windows authentication methods, Windows File Manager, and the Microsoft Graphics Component.
Head over the All settings > Update & security and hit that update button. Let us know in the comments if this build fixes anything on your production Windows 10 machine(s).Further reading: build 14393.447, Microsoft, update, Windows 10, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows 10 Version 1607