Microsoft has just announced the release of Windows 10 20H1 Build 19028 to Fast Ring Windows Insiders. Once again, this build doesn’t come with any new features, but rather some general changes, improvements, and fixes.
We’ll start first with everything that has changed. First off, Microsoft has finally fixed a recent issue that could result in settings crashing when docking/undocking your device. This build also resolves an issue impacting the performance of the Printers & Scanners section of Settings. Other General changes, improvements, and fixes are below.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Other People section under Storage Settings not displaying the correct size used.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Windows Update history in Settings saying a Cumulative Update required a reboot, despite it already being installed. This occurred when a
- Feature on Demand had installed while the cumulative update was originally pending reboot.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Photos app crashing when interacting with HEVC images.
Now, for the known issues. The problem with BattlEye anti-cheat software is still persisting and a compatibility hold is still in place for devices with this software. Microsoft is also looking into reports of the update process hanging for an extended period of time when installing a new build. Here are the other known issues.
- We’ve heard that Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- Some Insiders are reporting that after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. We’re looking into the issue.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 or 38 after they’re attached.
With this being yet another small Windows 10 20H1 build, the update could be getting closer to its final release. Rumors indicate that the final 20H1 builds could come this December.Further reading: 20H1, build 19028, Fast Ring, Microsoft, Windows 10, Windows Insider