To cap off this week, Microsoft has released Windows 10 2004 Preview build 19037.1 to both the Slow ring and the Fast ring. Just like the December 4 release from earlier in the week, this is yet another small build. There are no new features, but just some changes, and improvements, and new known issues.
Starting first with the known issues, these are almost near identical to the previous release. They range from the issue with BattlEye ant-cheat software, the update process hanging, as well as some issues with external USB 3.0 drives. Have a look below.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- Some Insiders have reported when attempting to install recent builds, setup rolls back and returns error code 0xc1900101. In some cases, the update completes successfully on a subsequent attempt. If you’re experiencing the issue, please be sure to file feedback in the Feedback Hub.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
- We’ve received reports of the Optimize Drives app incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices.
There’s also one general change to take note of in this build. While not new, Windows PowerShell ISE is now a Feature on Demand (installed by default), and you will see it in the list in Optional Features Settings. Of course, the build watermark is also no longer present in this release, but Microsoft is assuring you that this doesn’t mean that they are finished with pushing out new Windows 10 2004 preview builds.Further reading: 20H1, build 19037.1, Fast Ring, Microsoft, slow ring, Windows 10 2004, Windows Insider